Did you know you can do lots of fancy things in YouTube including editing and adding “effects”?
- Edit (and add effects) http://www.youtube.com/editor (It looks like they have to be your video (i.e. in your account) )
- Link to a particular section of a video (the start point of the clip) by right clicking on the start point and selecting “copy Video URL at current time” (Do this in normal youtube) This is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCFwmeH-FY&feature=player_detailpage#t=117s
- View artist playlists (worth it for the “DISCO” button) http://www.youtube.com/disco
- Use third party editing software (try Vlix) through: http://www.youtube.com/create
- I don’t entirely understand this … http://www.youtube.com/leanback (apparently like wathcing videos from afar – seems similar to full screen to me).
- There’s also http://www.youtube.com/testtube you can try different things the youtube developers are working on! (next year we could have 3d library videos …)
These links were also in the Wall Street Journal (Boehert, K; The Wonders of YouTube’s Hidden Tools, Wall Street Journal Monday 24th October 2011 p.33)